Kidnap Travel Insurance dot Com

How is Crisis Protect different from other travel insurance plans?

Unlike most standard travel insurance plans, Crisis Protect plans provide coverage for individuals and groups in hazardous regions and war zones. Our policy is worldwide (but excludes medical expenses in the USA and Canada) but does not exclude countries that standard travel insurers do not operate in. We respond to acts of war or terrorism. By utilizing the local assets of our strategic crisis management assistance partners, we respond literally anywhere in the world. Additionally all Crisis Protect plan are underwritten by the International Insurance Company of Hannover SE, one of the world largest and most secure insurance companies.

What if I am not traveling to a hot spot? Do I still need Crisis Protect?

Yes. Our plans cover you for what we believe to be a complete package. Whilst you are travelling, we can protect you if you are ill or in an accident, or are off work following injury, need protection, evacuation and/or security requirement or your life or liberty are at risk. Our service and assistance partners operate 24/7

Am I eligible to purchase Crisis Protect?

If you are aged between the 18 and 65, and are not requiring coverage in your Home Country, have all the relevant travel documentation and are not in the military nor intend to carry a weapon, you are eligible.

Why am I not covered for Medical Expenses in the United States of America or Canada?

Whilst our policy wordings are designed to cover individuals and/or groups travelling to hazardous regions or war zones they are not created to cover USA and Canadian related medical expenses. You can obtain cover if you if you are a citizen of USA or Canada, and you will be covered for all the other benefits listed within your Schedule of Benefits, but we will not pay for medical expenses incurred in your Home Country.

What if I wish to cover either my spouse or dependents?

Unless your Spouse or dependents are part of a Group plan, then they will have to apply separately.

What is the maximum number of people Crisis Protect can cover as a group plan?

Our shelf plans and online enrolment are designed to offer a maximum of 10 people per group. You will be direct to include additional names of participants as necessary during the quote process.

What if I need to add additional people during the period of insurance?

Once your Crisis Protect Policy is active, you will be offered direct access to our service office to liaise or discuss if any alteration or deviations are required.

I work as an insurance intermediary in security and risk mitigation services and I will need multiple group policies.

Our service providers can assist insurance professionals in this area. Please email us your request and we will send you our Terms of Business agreement.

How can I get a quote?

Obtaining a quote is very straight forward. Just visit our website, click on Get a Quote, and then follow the instructions. There are a number of securing based questions than you will need to answer and then you can select the type of plan you want. You will then be sent a quote via your email based on the information you have supplied us with.

How do I purchase my quote?

Once you have emailed us confirming you wish to purchase the coverage, you will be sent details of where to pay. You will be emailed this information and payment instructions will be sent to you in whatever currency you select to buy the policy in. We do this mostly for security reasons, as Kidnap and Ransom policies are confidential in their nature.

What does the Political and Natural Disaster Plan (PNDE) plan cover?

Full details of PNDE plans are set out in the Policy Wording which is available on the products page but the main highlight is that our plans have four main trigger points which is unlike most other PND policies. There are many standard PND polices that are purchased by organizations that are required to offer a travel policy as a duty of care. These standard products are only valid once a travel warning has been issued by the State Department whereas our plans include threat.

What does the PNDM plan cover?

Again full details are set out in the Policy Wording which is available on the products page but this policy adds medical evacuation to the main PNDE plan. The additional coverage includes medical necessary evacuation and repatriation amongst other benefits.

What expenses are covered by my Crisis Protect Plans?

Whilst there are three different options you can select, either Optical, Tactical or Strategic Levels, all our plans offer a wide range of benefits, albeit for different Sums Insured. The Strategic Plan has additional been designed to allow you to select the level of coverage you require as an individual. Please refer the Schedule of Benefits for specific amount but all our plans can cover:

Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement which will pay you the benefit following Death, Capital Benefits including Loss of Hearing, Loss of Limb, Loss of Sight, Loss of Speech, and Permanent Total Disablement. (If you have selected Tactical or Strategic plan, we also cover Temporary Total

Disablement which will pay you a percentage of your weekly wage following accident or illness).

Medical and Evacuation Expenses will cover reasonable and necessary medical, surgical, hospital and nursing home charges, emergency dental treatment for the relief of pain and suffering , including the cost of rescue services to take You to Hospital (excluding coverage in the USA and Canada).

Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation will cover, upon the advice of our Emergency Medical Assistance Company and due solely for medical reasons the reasonable and necessary costs of transporting You to the nearest suitable Hospital

Kidnap Consultant Fees will Indemnify you for any Consultants Costs and Additional Care Expense, incurred during the Operative Time of Cover If you are Detained, Kidnapped and held for Ransom or Hostage.

Search and Rescue / Personal Security covers you for all reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the authorities in searching for you and bringing you to a place of safety or if you become involved in a Life-threatening situation we will pay the Security Specialists Expenses incurred in extracting you from such situation

Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation will cover you for necessary expenses incurred by our Crisis Management Company to evacuate you following an Insured event as detailed within the Crisis Protect wording.

Personal Belongings covers indemnity for loss or damage to your belongings and effects during an insured trip.

Ransom cover the cash, monetary instruments, bullion or the fair market value of any securities property or services surrendered on behalf of the Policyholder to meet a Kidnap demand.

What expenses are Excluded from coverage by my Crisis Protect Plans?

The full details of all exclusions are set out within the Specimen Policy as shown on our website. However, the main exclusions and conditions are:

We exclude and medical expense which has incurred in the United States of America or Canada or,
any pre-existing medical condition as defined within the policy wording or,
If you are over the age of 65 before you purchase the policy or,
Any emergency or evacuation expense unless it has been authorized by our Emergency Assistance Providers or,
Any benefit in excess of limits shown within the Schedule of Benefits or aggregate limits detailed within the policy wording or
Any benefit for an insured person being a full time member of the armed forces of any nation or international authority or a member of any reserve forces called out for permanent service or,
Any amount below the an excess or deductible included within the policy wording or,
Any policy in excess of 12 months

Can I extend my policy if I plan to travel longer?

No, however you may purchase successive policies. Please contact one of our team members via email.

How can I access international medical providers in the case of an emergency?

All of our plans will include emergency 24/7 phone contact numbers and email services for all our assistance providers. In the event of any emergency situation you must contact our assistance providers otherwise your claim will not be covered.

How do I file for a non-emergency claim?

As soon as reasonably possible after the happening of any incident likely to give rise to a claim under this Policy (but in any event no later than 60 days after the date discovery of loss) You must notify Our Claims Handlers of such incident. You will be asked to furnish them documentation, certificates, information and evidence as they may from time to time reasonably require in the format prescribed by our claims handlers. Our claims handlers are entitled to take over any rights in defence or settlement of any claims and to take proceedings in Your name for Our benefit against any other party. We will process your claim within 10 business days of receiving a claim form completed in accordance with these claims provisions. You may be asked to provide such reasonable cooperation to Our Emergency Assistance Company and Claims Handler as they may reasonably request including by permitting them access to medical documentation, reports and evidence in relation to Your claim. We may deny coverage for any claim where there has been an unreasonable refusal or material failure to so cooperate.

Will I have to complete a Proof of Claim?

Yes, when Our Claims Handler receives notice of claim, they will provide You with forms for filing Proof of Claim. These will consist of a completed and signed Claimant’s Statement and Authorization Form (provided to you by the Claims Handler), together with any original itemized bills from Physicians, Hospitals and other medical providers; and / or original receipts for any expenses which have already been paid by or on behalf of You.

Refer to your Crisis Protect Policy for additional information on claims filing requirements.

Who is the Insurer of Crisis Protect?

The International Insurance Company of Hannover SE
Registered Address: 10 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3BE, UK
Registered No: SE00081
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register No. 202640

Who is the Lloyd's Broker and Coverholder?

The Lloyds Broker is Bannerman Rendell Ltd, London Underwriting Centre, 3 Minster Court, Mincing Lane. London EC3R 7DD
Bannerman Rendell Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Number 308692

What do I do if I want to cancel my Crisis Protect plan?

You may cancel your Crisis Protect plan at any time before the Effective Date with a full refund of your premium. If you cancel you plan after insurance is in effect, you may be eligible for a partial refund of your premium. Simply contact Bannerman Rendell with instructions on when you want your cancellation to be effective.

What if I have a complaint?

Any enquiry or complaint should in the first instance be addressed to the Plan Administrator and/or the Lloyd’s broker. If you are not satisfied with the way your enquiry or complaint has been handled we would ask you to follow the advice as set out below,

What is a complaint?

A Complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction not resolved to Your satisfaction within 48 hours.

This does not include normal claims negotiation where offers are rejected/discussed unless You specifically state the matter is to be treated as a complaint or if negotiations have reached deadlock.

A complaint does include the rejection of a claim or the settlement amount for a claim where the parties have reached deadlock in negotiations and where You believe you have been offered a poor service.

Who to tell

In the event of you having a complaint please contact The International Insurance Company of Hannover SE by addressing Your complaint to Our “Complaints Department” at Our registered address, set out above. We will acknowledge your complaint promptly. 

What happens next

We will write directly to you to acknowledge receipt of the complaint and explain the complaints process. We will investigate by requesting information / evidence where needed from the parties involved and will write directly to You with any updates. We will then issue You with Our final response to Your complaint.

If you remain dissatisfied with the Our final response, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Following this complaints procedure, does not affect your right to take legal action.

Please note, the FOS will only consider a complaint if We have issued Our final response to your complaint or eight weeks have elapsed since We received the complaint.

The FOS's contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123